Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Gap's "Love comes in every shade" Campaign

...is absolutely adorable.

I'm not a fashionista and Gap's a bit on the expensive end so I have no idea about Gap's style or trends.

I was on my way to Milson's Point to meet someone selling their textbooks and while I was waiting for the train at Wynyard, I saw this station advertisement featuring Rufus Wainwright and Jörn Weisbrodt.


You can't read it but on the bottom left, it read: "Married Love". The first thought in my head was "Awwww". The expression on their faces, the relaxed hand on shoulder and everything else about this advertisement made me melt.

When I went home, I Googled around and found this ad's part of Gap's 2012 "Love comes in every shade" Campaign which celebrates all kinds of love, from In love to Puppy love. I found some photoshoots for the campaign and I don't think my heart can take how sweet all of them are:

Married Love: Rufus Wainwright and Jorn Weisbrodt
Fatherly Love: Nas and father Olu Dara
True Love: Michael J Fox and Tracy Pollan
Puppy Love: Jack Huston and Orso
Best Friend Love: Gia Coppola and Nathalie Love
In Love: Diana Garcia and Greg Rogove
Sibling Love: The Atomics

What I love most about these photos is the expressions on everyone's faces. They all display their respective form of love and just looking at these makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

















I would also like to take my hat off to the photographer and Gap for the amazing use of colours and adopting a green background to emphasise the clothes. Gah, these are too adorable.
























































My favourite is a toss up between Wainwright and Weisbrodt's Married love and Nas and Olu Dara's Fatherly love. I find Coppola and Love's best friend love playful and captures friendship beautifully

























































On a different note, I got my constitutional law textbooks today! 


Yep, got them second hand. Even though there's a 9th ed of Hanks' Aus Const Law, the lecturer assured that the 8th ed is fine as well so I decided to get the 8th ed because it was cheaper. I got the book and The Constitution for $50 which is a pretty good deal.

Right, now I just need my International studies textbook and my Chinese textbook and workbook. I ordered my Introduction to International and Global Studies book from BookDepository for $39.00AUD compared to Coop's inviting $57.00. I'll probably get my Chinese materials from Coop tomorrow though because I am really confused with what editions I should be getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment