Sunday, 3 March 2013

Drawing on a Sunday night

I got an email from the construction law firm saying I didn't get the job. Strangely, I'm not upset.  I don't think I have the amount of experience required to be a good candidate. 

The woman I bought my constitutional law textbook made me realise I wasted my first year doing nothing when I should have jumped at any opportunity I found. This year, I will try to become more involved in social and extracurricular activities. Yeah, third month in and I finally come up with a new year's resolution that I bet will take me a week to give up on. Still I will hopefully follow through my resolution for as long as I can.

It has been a long time since I drew something. I packed my graphics tablet into my drawer of cables and wires because of my anguish that Paint SAI is not compatible with Mac computers. Anyway, I'm picking it up again as it's a good stress reliever and I've been practicing to do dynamic poses and perspectives. Not great but I think I have improved on perspectives thanks to the pre-52 DC comics I read.



I am so disappointed in the new 52, I just want to cry. Raven has been pushed into another teen team comic and Martian Manhunter is sitting down from the Justice League. Wally West and Cassandra Cain are two of my favourite characters and they don't even exist anymore. DC, as much as I am a fan of your publications and series, your decision of the new 52 was poorly thought out. I'm not saying it was a bad idea, I'm saying the decision should have been assessed and planned more carefully. 

On the upside (well, kind of), the Death of the Family storyline throughout the Batman and co titles is probably one of the most heart wrenching storylines I have read. Grant Morrison, you horrible man, you :( I need to keep reading but it's sad what's happening to the Batfamily, I think I'll just sob pathetically because I wouldn't be able to hold my emotions. The moment between Damien and Dick - 



Damien: So far I'd say you've been my favorite partner. We were the best, Richard. No matter what people thinks
Dick: Hey, We can't help being great.

Their new twist in the Batman and Robin dynamic is reminiscent in their exchange and that's probably why I loved that page the most. Dick and Damien's Batman and Robin was what made me chain myself to DC to start with and it was the first title that made me more interested in the DC universe prior to the new 52. 











That and Dick's famously incredible arse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment