Wednesday, 6 February 2013

The Headnote

A few days ago, I was browsing and prowling around the deep depths of the internet and discovered a number of blogs that focus on law and students who study law. I am inspired by the stories and interesting opinions to start a blog about my own experiences and face flushing moments during my studies in university.

I guess I should first introduce myself. My name is Lily. This year, I will be a second year student at UTS studying Law (LLB) and International Studies (Chinese). I currently work at a coaching college, helping primary school kids with their homework.

Although I have finished one year of uni, I still feel uni is a bit alien to me. So I want to share my moments of social awkwardness, freak outs and hair tugging stress to show others in my position that they are not alone behind the mountain of readings.



Why the strange name though? Why 'Magikarpoena'?

Recently, I was reunited with the Pokemon series and started playing the series again. On the Gameboy Advance anyway. My old DS is broken which breaks my heart (gold. Get it, get it??).

While testing my Old Rod, I encountered a Magikarp, a common occurrence. Now I know I’m not alone on this when I say training a Magikarp is excruciating. Sure, it can evolve into one of the most useful Pokemon to have on your team when it hits level 20 but let’s face it until then; Magikarps and their splashes are as annoying Cityrail’s incompetence and inability to provide air conditioned carriages in a 46 degree heatwave.

© Nintendo 

While leveling my Magikarp, I slowly came to the realisation that at this stage in my life, I am a Magikarp. While I am weak and useless at the moment, I have potential. On the other hand, I am also among many other Magikarps who, like me, are caught in the tangles of law school. 

The last half of Magikarpoena, "poena", is based on subpoena.

Subpoena is a writ, a written command, given to a person to attend court and present evidence. That's all we need to know haha


So that's the background done. I think I deserve a pat on the back. 

Now my only concern with this blog is whether I will stay active. I'm sure once uni starts again, I'll have plenty more to post about so I guess for now, I'll take it easy. I haven't even bought my textbooks yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment