Yes!! Finally! I have found buyers for my last semester's textbooks!
See, I have been trying to find people who are interested in buying my last semester's textbooks. As we all know, buying/selling textbooks are one of the most stressful things during uni. Mostly because textbooks cost over $100 and new editions come out every year.
But I am still having trouble finding my own textbooks. I haven't been looking to buy my international studies textbooks because the Co-op Bookshop doesn't specify the books and the handbook seems to be a tad outdated.
According to Co-op for Australian Constitutional Law though, I am required to buy Hanks' Australian Constitutional Law, 9th ed. Strangely though, the new edition was published in December last year but there is no second hand version of that edition because the students who had studied that subject, finished their exams in November and did not need the 9th ed.
Everyone is selling the 8th edition for a reasonable price but I'm not sure if it's worth getting the older edition as it is three years older than the 9th ed so the content can differ greatly in those three years.
A new 9th ed is sold for ~$160 at Co-op. It's ridiculous how pricey these textbooks are.
Of course, I can always wait until my first class and the lecturer will tell us what materials to get but the last time I did that, I had to wait for a month for the subject's textbook because the publishers ran out of stock from the amount of people racing to get their hands on a copy.
So while I'm happy I found people who want my textbooks, I'm in a bit of dilemma with my own textbooks for the coming semester.
Volunteer work
I've been thinking of doing some volunteering. I have done some volunteer work here and there so I believe volunteering will be a great opportunity for me to help people out in society and learn more about social justice. I have some free time that I'm willing to spend but I am more suitable to volunteer than work at the moment because having a second job will just add more pressure and stress onto me. I'm quite fond of Vinnies because I can relate to their mission to promote equality and compassion in society and I love their stores that help raise money for the poor and disadvantaged. I'll check them out first but I'll be on the look out for more volunteering opportunities.
First World Problems
I fixed my r4 for my DS (thanks to the paper trick)!! I can now resume playing my Soul Silver but unfortunately, I lost my charger for the damn console, ugh :( I've been looking for a NDS charger. I noticed that original DS consoles, like mine, have a different charger to the later DS versions (probably because the original DS's can play Gameboy Advance cartridges.
The GBA-SP/NDS AC chargers are harder to look for because they are old and no longer sold in many places. There are a few Hong Kong powersellers selling them for $4.50 but I'm a bit skeptical about eBay and Hong Kong/China powersellers. Luckily, there's a seller on Gumtree who has offered to sell me a charger for $10. It's more expensive than eBay but at least I know it's legitimate so woohoo!
Last night I found out I have had my DS for almost eight years. Aside from the lost charger, it's still in good condition. So proud :')
No comments:
Post a Comment