Oh god today was a disaster.
I planned on driving to the office early so I can pick up some flowers as a small thank you gift to the people at the firm in the morning. What really happened was this:
8:20 - Left home with the car
8:23 - Realised I left my hairband (which I use for the gym) so I went back to get a hairband and drove out again
8:35 - Found parking (woohoo!)
8:45 - Arrived at the florist's
8:50 - Found the two bouquets I want to buy before realising I left my wallet at home.
CUE THREE MINUTE FREAK OUT
Because finding a good carpark in the morning is like a lottery win, I strategised that I will drive home during my lunch break to get my wallet.
Upon arriving at the office, the solicitors informed me the receptionist called in sick so I had to replace him. That involves picking up the mail and DX. They gave me the keys and out I walked.
They were the wrong keys. The wrong keys.
So there's me, shoving every key I had in the DX door's lock, with the belief that one of the keys will take pity on me and morph itself into the DX key until luckily, a lady happened to be collecting her DX as well and opened the door for both of us.
But, damn it, I didn't have the key for the DX box. Ugh. The lady saw me struggling. "Have you tried putting your hands in the slot?" she suggested. She was kind enough to help me tip the DX box and take out the rest of the mail through her nimble fingers. I thanked her profusely, clutching my mail like it was my long lost child.
After assessing those two accounts with the wrong keys, I figured the key for the PO box was also not in my hand. Luckily, I had the post office card so I collected the mail from the counter.
Now let's fast forward to 12pm where I had my break. I sprinted to the car and drove home. When I entered the house, my grandparents were getting ready to leave for the train station. As the generous kind loving grand-daughter I am, I offered drive them there.
When I drove back around the office to park my car, there was no parking. Except for a space between two cars that looks like it can fit my car. Problem is, I am crap at reverse parallel between two cars. But I was desperate. So I figured "What the hell, I'll give it a go".
There was a man smoking outside and saw me try to reverse closer to the curb. I think he saw the sweat from my forehead running down my frustrated face. He gestured me to roll down my windows. From outside, he instructed me how to park closer to the curb. After I was done, I just wanted to hug the crap out of that guy.
So I got the flowers and boy, I was exhausted. But it brought a smile on my face when the director read my card and when the others saw the flowers.
But what made me emotional was when they presented me with a cake and card.
I was tearing up. Even though I only knew them for two months, they treated me like I was a part of their family. They taught me so much. Even though I was clueless and made several stupid mistakes, they were always patient with me and simply told me to amend my mistakes. They taught me how interesting conveyancing can be, they taught me how to correspond with clients and other solicitors and they taught me valuable lessons in life from their experiences. I wish I could have stayed longer with them but with uni creeping around the corner, I knew I had to prepare for the semester soon. But I promised them I'll definitely be back if they're happy to have me in the future.
So at the end of the day, everything went well. I will miss Providence Legal. It was my first internship so the experience I had there and the people I met and got to know, will always have a special place in my heart.
If they ever see this: I won't reveal your names but thank you guys again for the wonderful experience :)
Oh and I left my earphones at your office. TD can take it. I have a few spares lying around the house I think.
Flushing toilet.
Also, while I was at the gym today, the toilet I used wouldn't stop flushing after I pressed the flush button. When I returned to change out of my sports gear (consisting of a navy blue singlet top with fraying straps and $10 strawberry red shorts. I'm fashionable, guys, really), I could still hear the toilet flushing. Not that it's my problem but still. I felt like I was responsible for that toilet. Like I was a mother with a new born baby who wouldn't stop crying until I attend its needs.
I expect nightmares tonight about forever flushing toilets.
That's great, Lily, but have you played Pokemon today?
I had so much going on , I didn't play my GBA today.


No comments:
Post a Comment